February Career Update
See below for different opportunities and updates for Creative and Technical Job Seekers.
Calling all Creatives!
Have you made an account with Revolution Creative NZ
? If you are wanting to get your work out there while getting a taste of what freelancing could be like, make an account and connect with other creatives!
Why use Revolution Creative?
- Get hired!
- Promote your work on a free public platform.
- Advance your career by being available for job opportunities you hadn't predicted.
- Connect with other creatives.
- Make use of industry tips and tools via experienced practitioners.
- Prove the power and value of creativity.
- Make a career out of being creative!
To make a profile, go to:
Graduate level position available at Weta Digital!
Weta Digital is looking for a strong generalist/modeller/texture artist to join their Virtual Art team.
This role is for a Maya 3D Generalist with strong modelling & texturing, layout skills and basic lighting concepts. This person will be involved in helping to create virtual environments / sets for Previs and Real Time Motion Capture from highres geo/drawings/scans within the Virtual Art Department. Qualified candidates must have proven experience in production environments, demonstrating an ability to create accurate models from 2d reference, Previs and scan data.
For more information and to apply go to:
Web Developer Role available at Grinding Gear Games:
Visual Effects Artist Role available at Grinding Gear Games:
- Experience with creating consistently 'dark and gritty' FX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems.
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating efficient and impactful visual effects.
- Self-motivation, excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Passion for creating 'dark and gritty' spells and microtransactions.
- A passion for games
- Bonus: Experience creating real-time, in-game VFX for a variety of platforms from desktop to mobile. Previous game production experience.
For more information:
Graduate Program at Accenture!
Be a part of this diverse group of innovators, working together to solve industries’ and organisations most challenging problems. Using leading-edge technologies and strategies to reinvent the way every job is done and help improve the way the world works and lives!
Applications for roles commencing in 2021 are open 3rd Feb - 15th March 2020.
Fantastic article on the huge growth in the NZ Games Industry
"Interactive media is exactly the kind of industry our Government wants to foster to help us achieve a productive, sustainable and inclusive economy – it is low emission, export driven and provides high-value jobs."
With skills shortages in this growing industry it's the perfect time to train in Game Art & Development.